Product Liability Lawyer In Alameda, Richmond, San Leandro & Pleasant Hill
There are different types of personal injury claims. One type of personal injury claim that not many people may be aware of is product liability claims. These are the types of claims that deal with injuries people sustain from using a defective product. Not all lawyers are qualified in litigating this type of claim. It’s important to make sure you hire a lawyer experienced in product liability personal injury claims from Braff Accident Lawyers In Alameda, Richmond, San Leandro & Pleasant Hill.
Product liability injuries are ones that are the result of something defective in a product like lack of proper instructions, manufacturing errors, a design flaw and even improper inspection of a product before it was made available for consumer use.
Categories and Types of Product Liability
The best lawyers know the different categories and types of product liabilities. Braff Accident Lawyers are aware of the different types of product liability cases that can occur in cities like Richmond, San Leandro, Alameda and Pleasant Hill in California.
There is a broad range of potential product liability claims and court cases. Despite this, most can be placed into one of three categories or types of product liability.
- Defective design – This may not be the most common type of liability claim, but it’s still important to note it. Defective design refers to a flawed design which makes the product inherently dangerous. With this type of product liability, there is no evidence of a manufacturing error or mistake.
- Manufacturing error – This is the most common product liability claim. It refers to the process of making the product. Basically it means that the product is flawed, and therefore dangerous, because an error occurred when it was being made.
- Lack of adequate instructions or warnings – the third category involves the failure to adequately neither instruct nor warn the consumer about the proper use of the product. This means that there are inadequate instructions to warn the consumer about the potential dangers involved with using a particular product. This type of product liability is also called Failure-to-Warn product liability.
When dealing with product liability claims, it’s important to remember that each person or entity involved in the creation, production and selling of the product (designer, manufacturer and distributor) have a duty to make sure that what they are selling is safe for consumer use, regardless of the product. This means that prescription medications, a car part or a children’s toy should all receive an equal amount of effort into guaranteeing that the product is safe.
Compensation for Product Liability Claims
It’s important to contact Braff Accident Lawyers, if you or a loved one has sustained injuries using a defective product. Your team of lawyers will determine if you’re entitled to compensation. If you’re entitled to compensation, we do everything in our power to make sure you receive it.
The most efficient way of doing this is identifying all liable parties, which is what our legal firm does by:
- Determining what caused the defect in the product
- Investigating the manufacture to see if they disregarded regulations or took shortcuts
- Researching the design and manufacture
Call us today to know more about how we can be of assistance in helping you win financial compensation for your injuries and damages.